Exciting activities and efforts take place each day in classrooms, schools and school districts. The Florida Green School Network – comprised of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Florida Department of Education and the Florida Department of Health – is proud to offer the Florida Green School Awards as envisioned by the Florida Legislature. Annually, students, classrooms, teachers, schools and school districts are recognized for their efforts to promote environmental literacy and encourage sustainable practices such as conserving water, reducing waste and becoming more energy efficient.
This year’s Florida Green School Awards dinner will be held at the Streamsong Resort on Wednesday, October 8. Please come in the night before Working on the Green Sustainability Summit and learn more what is happening in public, charter and private schools across Florida. REGISTER online today!
Congratulations to this year’s finalists.
Florida Green School Awards – 13-14 Finalists
- 4th and 5th Grade, Gulf Elementary – Lee County
- 13-14 Seventh Grade Life Science Class, Unity School – Palm Beach County
- Fay Martinez’s Class, The Cushman School – Miami-Dade County
Sustainable Legacy Circle Award: Service Learning Council, Timber Creek High School – Orange County
- Environmental Club, Miami Spring Middle School – Miami-Dade County
- Jesse Martin, Odyssey Charter School – Brevard County
- Nature Know it Alls Group, Hobe Sound Elementary School – Martin County
- Linda Gancitano, Driftwood Middle School – Broward County
- Missy O’Connor, Hobe Sound Elementary School – Martin County
- Dee Wainwright, Eagles Landing Middle School – Palm Beach County
- Castle Creek Elementary – Orange County
- Eagles Landing Middle School – Palm Beach County
- Odyssey Charter School – Brevard County
School District Finalists
- Alachua County Public Schools
- Orange County Public Schools
- Seminole County Public Schools